Hair Ties Do A Lot More Than Just Pull Your Hair Back — Here Are 15 Alternate Uses
If you have long hair, then you know that having an extra hair tie around your wrist or in your bag every day is a must.
I’m usually too busy to style my hair, so elastics are my go-to for pulling it up and getting it out of my face. But did you know that they can help you with way more than just your hair? Even if you don’t have long locks, you’ll run to Target to get some hair ties when you see these 15 useful hacks!
1. I hate when all my charger cords get tangled up, but hair ties keep them nice and organized.
2. If you can’t quite button your jeans after indulging in a huge meal, thread a hair tie through the button hole and pull it over your button for a looser fit. This works great for moms-to-be as well!
3. Ladies — you can make any bra into a racerback by putting a hair tie behind both of the straps and threading it through itself to pull the two together.
4. No need to spend a bunch on curtain ties. Just pull each curtain through an elastic band!
5. For easy cookbook reference, attach two hair ties to a clothes hanger and thread them through two binder clips for added tension. Hang it up and you’re good to go!
6. If you like wearing hats, you can hang them on your backpack instead of shoving them inside. Thread a hair tie through one of the backpack’s handles and attach a clip to the other side.
7. Hair ties work well to keep sleeves in place after you roll them up.
8. And they do the same for your pant legs, too!
9. If you have a baggy shirt that you don’t want to get rid of, just bunch up one side and wrap an elastic around it for a snug fit.
10. You can use thinner hair ties to lengthen necklaces. Just thread the tie through one end and attach the clasp.
11. For easy access to your keys, thread a hair tie through a key ring and then do it again through your purse’s handle.
12. Keep your little ones out of the cabinets by wrapping hair ties around the handles.
13. Use a tie to secure plastic wrap over opened canned foods to keep them fresh.
14. If you don’t want to carry a bulky wallet in your pocket, a tie will hold your cash and cards together.
15. You can basically do anything with a hair tie that you can do with a rubber band. The added bonus is that you can then use them in your hair without ripping it out.
See? They’re way more useful than we give them credit for. I can’t wait to try all of these!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/hair-tie-uses/