Twitchy is hiring an entertainment editor
We want to add a full-time entertainment editor to our team.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with all aspects of the entertainment industry and loves Twitter. You devour gossip and trade blogs, watch reality TV, and follow the Twitter accounts of scores of Hollywood CEOs, celebs, movie producers, pop singers, rappers, TV stars, and movers and shakers. You write impeccable copy on a tight deadline and can distinguish what is news from what isn’t.
Twitchy is a human-powered Twitter aggregator. Our objective is to report “who said what” on Twitter — before mainstream media outlets get the scoop. To learn more about the type of stories we do at Twitchy, please see these articles:
- Cher goes on Twitter rampage, forgets 140-character limit
- Twitter vigilante of the day: Nicki Minaj vs. Target clerk
- False rumor: Usher died in a car accident; updated with Usher tweets
Specific duties include the following:
- identify newsworthy entertainment content from Twitter,
- write posts,
- manage placement of stories across Twitchy.com website,
- communicate with fellow editors to coordinate coverage, and
- maintain social media coverage of Twitchy’s politics coverage (e.g. by posting to our Twitter account).
- at least three years of entertainment-oriented blogging, journalism, or equivalent experience,
- impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling,
- detailed knowledge of celebrities, music, Hollywood, etc.
- intense interest in Twitter and other social media,
- strong understanding of and appreciation for Twitchy’s mission, and the news judgment to identify stories that matter to Twitchy’s audience, and
- the ability to work quickly and independently.
Copy-editing or proofreading experience is a big plus.
This is a work-from-home, telecommuting position.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter telling us why you should get the job to [email protected]